NASHVILLE, Tenn.–President Barack Obama was in Nashville today to talk about ObamaCare. He failed to address the skyrocketing costs caused by the law and offered no solutions to help Tennessee families grappling with the law.
Tennessee Republican Party Chairman Ryan Haynes released the following statement about the visit:
“Today, the President came to Tennessee to lecture us once again about his takeover of the American health care system. The fact that he did this against the backdrop of skyrocketing health insurance costs across the country reveals how tone deaf this Administration is. Tennesseans are staring at an average rate increase of 22 percent. That is an alarming figure for citizens who were told ObamaCare would drive healthcare costs down. Perhaps more shocking is the fact the next Democratic nominee for President, Hillary Clinton, thinks this reckless law is working!
“No solutions, no answers, and no proposals were offered that will help the millions of Americans who are hurting because of ObamaCare. The only way to do that will be to elect a Republican president in 2016 and that effort is already underway here in Tennessee.”
- The GOP launched a site detailing the costs of ObamaCare in Tennessee: http://obamacosts.gop.com/tag/tennessee/
- The TNGOP is airing an ad “Restore Dignity” that may be viewed here.
- The ad is running in Middle Tennessee on cable networks throughout the day on July 1, 2015.
- Chairman Haynes also authored an op-ed running in today’s Tennesseean newspaper. It may be viewed here.
- The Party released an initial statement when details of the President’s visit were confirmed. It may be viewed here.